The floor is one of the things people notice when they enter your home or workplace. So, it contributes greatly to people’s first impression of your property. A cracked, stained, or chipped concrete floor is an instant turn-off.
Luckily, there’s a quick and pocket-friendly way to give your floor a luxurious and stunning look that will create that impressive first impression on your guests or customers: metallic epoxy flooring!
This floor coating system comes in a wide selection of designs, so you have limitless options when it comes to creating a sleek, personalized look in your space.
Let’s dig into the details and see what this out-of-the-ordinary epoxy floor coating offers.
Metallic Epoxy Flooring 101: Understanding the Basics
Metallic epoxy flooring is a special type of epoxy floor coating applied to an existing concrete surface to create a protective layer. This multi-layered coating includes metallic additives to deliver decorative effects.
The metallic powder keeps moving as the epoxy cures, creating a pearlescent look. It’s worth noting that metallic epoxy flooring delivers the same results as regular epoxy.
That means you’ll enjoy all the perks of epoxy flooring, including lasting protection, aesthetic appeal, chemical resistance, and more!
Five Top Reasons to Choose Metallic Epoxy Coatings
Adding a metallic epoxy coating to your traditional concrete floor will pay off generously. Its silky smooth finish and stunning, highly professional look make it a perfect addition to your residential or commercial space.
Let’s take a deeper look at some of the notable advantages of metallic epoxy flooring:
It Enhances Your Floor’s Aesthetic Look
Metallic epoxy flooring will instantly transform your property’s aesthetic appeal. A cracked, stained, or chipped concrete floor can make your space look neglected and unwelcoming. This floor coating will give your room a bright and eye-catching look.
Metallic Epoxy Provides a Lasting Protection
Durability is one of the biggest perks of metallic epoxy flooring. It lasts longer than other flooring options. You can expect a well-maintained metallic epoxy floor with light to moderate daily usage to last at least 20 years without needing repairs.
This Flooring Resists Various Fluids & Bacteria
A metallic epoxy-coated floor can resist pretty much anything you throw at it! Whether it’s oil, bleach, petrol, cleansing fluids, or other harsh chemicals, its integrity will remain intact.
This attribute makes epoxy a popular flooring option in the automotive industry. As if that’s not enough, epoxy floors can resist bacteria and germs, making them perfect for hospitals and medical facilities.
Cleaning and Maintenance Are Simple!
Metallic epoxy flooring protects the underlying concrete from unwanted moisture, dirt, grease, and cracks. This significantly minimizes cleaning and maintenance requirements.
Unlike hardwood and other floor types, epoxy flooring doesn’t need special cleaning solutions. You can easily wipe off any mess on the smooth, professional-looking surface without leaving unsightly stains.
A Metallic Epoxy Floor Will Add to Your Property’s Value
Metallic epoxy coatings have one of the most impressive ROIs when it comes to home improvement.
This material will enhance your floor’s functionality and aesthetics and also improve your property’s overall value. When you decide to sell your house down the road, you’ll get more money in your pocket, thanks to the beautifully coated floor.
How to Install Metallic Epoxy Floor Coating
Eight simple steps will give you a beautiful, robust floor that will stand the test of time:
- Determining your flooring needs. Any epoxy flooring installer worth their salt will carefully evaluate your floor and your desires to figure out the perfect solution.
- Once they understand what you want, the installation crew will begin preparing the floor. They’ll thoroughly clean it to remove dirt, debris, and stains. They must also make certain the surface is free of imperfections like divots and cracks.
- Grinding down and removing the top layer or existing coating is essential to ensure the epoxy adheres properly to the concrete surface.
- Once the surface is clean and smooth, the technicians will apply the primer layer: a colored epoxy that provides the background for the metallic coat.
- Once the primer dries, they’ll apply a second coat of epoxy to strengthen the surface.
- Before the coat dries, the installation crew swirls in more colors to help achieve the marble-looking design.
- The team is now free to create additional effects based on your desired look.
- Last but not least, the technicians add the top layer, a gleaming, durable coating that will keep the surface together and ensure a secure and vibrant finish.
While you can take a DIY approach to save some money, you can’t afford to make mistakes. Otherwise, it’ll turn into a costlier affair. You’re better offer hiring an experienced professional to install your metal epoxy coating.
Learn More About Metallic Epoxy Floor Coatings in Kansas City
Metal epoxy flooring will transform your bland concrete floors into something durable and luxurious. And you won’t need to break the bank for this!
Epoxy Floors by Welch is your trusted source for high-quality metal epoxy coatings in Kansas City. We specialize in polished concrete, driveways, metallics, commercial epoxy, and garage floor coatings.
By using products from trusted manufacturers like EZ Concrete Supply, we can offer comprehensive warranties of up to 15 years. That means decades of complete satisfaction and peace of mind!